View dev blog here!
- MOVE - Keyboard Arrows / Gamepad Left Analog or Dpad
- JUMP / SWIM 2nd ATTACK - Keyboard 'Spacebar' / Gamepad Button A
- ATTACK - Keyboard 'Z' / Gamepad Button X
- ROLL / SWIM 3nd ATTACK - Keyboard 'X' / Gamepad Right Trigger
- INTERACT - Keyboard C / Gamepad Button B
- SPEED CHANGE / PUSH/PULL / STOMP - Keyboard 'Shift' / Gamepad Left Trigger
- INVENTORY & WEAPONS SCREEN - Keyboard 'Tab' / Gamepad Button Y
- CYCLE WEAPONS - Keyboards Numbers / Gamepad Right Analog
*This guide will show and address buttons by their names, you can map your own buttons in the options screen.
Basic controls and mechanics:
- Use the keyboard ARROWS or the gamepad D-PAD/LEFT ANALOG to move.
- When you are standing on ground and moving you will build up momentum, some jumps require more momentum than others.
- Hold DOWN to crouch, when crouching you can still move right/left.
- Hold the SPEED button to walk slowly, some obstacles will require walking to avoid taking damage.
- When swimming use the SPEED button to swim faster, you can swim even faster if you swim near the water surface.
- Use the JUMP button + DOWN to drop down and hang on ledges, to drop down to a ladder, to drop through certain types of platforms, to drop down when hanging and hold both to fast slide down a ladder.
- You can jump to release hanging from any surface/object.
- When hanging and jumping to the other direction, hold the direction of movement for a breif momement before jumping to gain extra momentum.
- You can jump to climb vines faster.
- When hanging on ropes, you can climb up and down and swing left and right.
- Press the INVENTORY button to show weapons and combos details.
- When standing and attacking you can make up to a 4 hits combo.
- The 3rd combo hit is stronger than hits 1 and 2, it also pushes enemies back further and has some special attributes for each weapon.
- The 4th hit is even stronger, more push back and a different attribute.
- Combos are rhythm based, if it is your first time playing Becloudead, we recommend playing with the combo visual helper, until you get the hang of it. The visual helper shows you when it's the right time to press the attack button, when the moving indicator goes over or passes the green marker is when you should input an attack, if you press too early or wait for the animation to finish the combo will not be triggered!
- Weapons have charged attacks, which are even stronger than the 4th combo hit, hold down the ATTACK button and release when the bar is full to perform the attack. You can still move while you hold ATTACK.
- You can crouch and attack only with the knife, there are no combos for crouching attacks, but you can rapidly swing.
- You can also attack while jumping.
- When underwater you can also attack down using the ROLL and JUMP buttons.
- Press the SPEED button near zombies body parts, rats or spiders to stomp on and smash them.
Enemies and Strategies:
- When rolling you won't take damage from enemies, excluding snakes, spikes and fires.
- When facing low enemies such as dogs, crawling zombies, spiders, etc, you will need to crouch attack. If the enemy gets close, roll and attack it from the other side, do not wait for it to get too close.
- The bats are easier to take down with a long weapon, such as the crowbar. Also they only go down up to a certain point, if you're crawling or rolling they won't reach you.
- When facing zombies, a sharp weapon such as the knife is or a strong weapons such as the sledge hammer are the best choices.
- Hitting a zombie with the 3rd hit combo of a sharp weapon will take off one arm, for each arm you take off the zombie will do 25% less damage.
- Hitting a zombie with the 4rd hit combo of a sharp weapon will take off the head, a decapitated zombie does 50% less damage
- A decapitated zombie will still come after you as long as his head is within range.
- If you destroy a zombie's head, the zombie will not attack or follow you anymore.
- Don't run near caged zombies areas, wait for them to retract then either walk or roll past them.
Xmas special boss
- His hands are moving fast, use your knife to attack it and get more hits (crouch attack works too).
- If you get stuck in a puddle of dough, you can escape faster if you jump.
Easter/Passover special boss
- The caves on the left and right are safe from any boss attacks, use them well. Note that small bunnies can and will enter the caves occasionally.
- Pay attention to it's attacking patterns and movement cycles.
- You can use the cables on top to travel faster to the other side.
Halloween special boss
- You don't have to destory all the zombie heads to defeat it.
- Pay attention to pumpkin, when it starts going red keep your distance and duck.